Thursday, November 10, 2005

Google-Analytics.com

When I posted just now, I noticed my browser pass through google-analytics.com. When I tried to load this page, I got a Google 404 error (i.e. not the standard one from my browser).
Whois gave the following:
Registrant: Google Inc. (DOM-1394389) 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View CA 94043 US
What are Google doing with my blog?!
Recently, they've been moving into indexing 'people stuff', rather than the usual 'information stuff'. Could they statistically analyse all this in some way to create a talking machine, whereby you could request information naturally from Google, as you would talk to anyone else?
Would people want this?

Update (18:30): Apparently google-analytics.com is to be the address of Google's new website traffic monitoring service, acquired as a buy-up of Urchin. The question remains as to why all blogger traffic routes through there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home