Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Christmas Tree

Liv and I bought a Christmas tree. It is frikkin awesome. We spent a whole weeks wages on it, and a whole Saturday, getting up early and everything. The man we bought it from was a geezer. He was square with muscles, lifting trees around all day. We asked for the biggest one in the shop. It's three metres tall.
I wanted to decorate the tree in a really dark way, with black gauze and rubber bats. Liv objected. This was my concession:
Bad Bat Cat

Something sweeter:
Christmas Tree

We hung the tree with chili peppers. We had the obligatory chocolates, of course. I love the idea of hanging a whole tree with real organic things. I found a big dark red bean tree down our road, and collected the beans. They look beautiful. In the Weihnachtsmarkt in Spandau, a stall sold dried fruits from all around the world. Lovely green fruits which look like splayed fingers, spiralling seed pods, fluffy gouards.
Christmas Tree Chili

And rubber ducks! My favourite!
Christmas Tree Ducks

We fly back to London next week! Two Christmas trees in one year. Our neighbour gets this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home